El Paso Electric has partnered with the New Mexico State University Foundation, Inc. to establish the El Paso Electric Company Electrical Worker Certification Scholarship at New Mexico State University - Doña Ana Community College (NMSU - DACC).
Eligibility for this scholarship shall be determined by the following criteria:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must demonstrate intent and ability to live and work within El Paso Electric Company's service territory in South Central New Mexico and West Texas. Preferences for: graduates of local high schools, community involvement within EPE's Service Territory, qualified Veterans of the U.S. Armed Services, and Diversity Goals consistent with EPE's Affirmative Action Plan.
- Must pass background check
- Must pass standard drug and alcohol screening tests
- Must be a minimum of 19 years old
- Must meet the qualifications for the Commercial Driver License (CDL) and comply with Department of Transportation (DOT) certification requirements
- Must pass the Human Performance Evaluation physical test required for related job training at EPE
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time in extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to work out of town for extended amounts of time
- Must not be afraid of heights and able to pass pole climbing training if enrolled in the DACC Lineworker Certificate Program or other job training programs that will require this skill
- Must meet academic requirements for the or other such programs as may be developed in the future by NMSU - DACC in cooperation with EPE.
Contact Terry Mount at NMSU - DACC at (575) 527-7584 for Electrical Lineworker Certification Program and scholarship application information.
Scholarships are contingent on available funding.
- About EPE
- Investor Relations
- Partners & Vendors
- Economic Development
- EPE Branding
- Request for Proposals
- Public Notices